Authors for 2015
The authors for the 2015 Emirates Airline Festival of Literature have now been announced! More than 120 top authors from around the world will gather in Dubai on March 3-7 2015 for five packed days of literary activity.
The full programme can be viewed here, but as a brief taster of what our authors are up to:
- Desert Stanzas will return with poetry from Imtiaz Dharker, Yang Lian, Victor Rodriguez-Nunez and Owen Sheers, all under the stars of the desert night.
- Michael Morpurgo is returning to the festival, and this time he is accompanied by the stars of the acclaimed stage version of War Horse: intricate life-size horse puppets Joey and Topthorn. On the night of Wednesday 4 March, the Al Mamzar theatre will host a night of readings, songs and performance from the book and stage versions of the classic story.
- Genre-bending novelist Jasper Fforde has offered a few lucky aspiring authors the chance to have him review their work in Fforde’s Fantastic Feedback.
- An all-new graphic novel strand features authors and illustrators Zeina Abirached, Naif Al-Muttawa, Clément Baloup, Jan van Hamme, Satoshi Kitamura and Nicolas Wild.
- The International Women’s Day panel will feature HE Sheikha Lubna Bint Khalid Al Qasimi, UAE Minister of International Cooperation and Development, Nigerian best-selling writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Jenni Murray, universally known for presenting Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4, and historian Bettany Hughes.
And if you want a couple of clues as to who might be coming, you could do worse than join the Festival Reading Group, which has begun to read books by out 2015 authors.